Temporary Exhibition

“GHISALLO WEARS YELLOW. Stories and champions of the Tour de France”

The Tour de France, born in the twentieth century, first held in 1903, will start from Italy this year.

This has never happened before in the legendary history of the French race. It will be the cycling event of the summer, starting in Florence on June 29, then Rimini, Cesenatico, Bologna, Piacenza, Turin and Pinerolo, the first three stages on Italian soil.

The Ghisallo Cycling Museum intends to honor the event with an Exhibition with a meaningful title, “Ghisallo wears Yellow. Stories and champions of the Tour de France from 1903 to the Present” telling the story and myth of the Grand Boucle with a temporary exhibition full of important items: bicycles, jerseys, photographs, memorabilia and various objects that belonged to cycling’s greatest champions. An exhibition that aims to enhance the objects related to the French race in the Museum’s collection, but at the same time will be embellished thanks to important loans and collaborations with private collectors, industry companies such as Nalini, Pinarello, BMC, and other major Italian and foreign museums in the world of cycling, including the Museo del Ciclismo Gino Bartali in Florence, Spazio Pantani, the newly born Casa Museo di Ottavio Bottecchia,french museums such as Notre-Dame Des Cyclistes La Bastide D’armagnac, the belgian museum of Koers Museum in Roselaire.

The exhibition will first and foremost celebrate our heroes who have won the French race over time, Ottavio Bottecchia exactly one hundred years ago (in 1924 and ’25), Bartali and Coppi, Nencini and Gimondi, Pantani and Nibali, but also those who, while not winning, were protagonists, as well as the legendary foreign champions headed by Eddy Merckx and including many other figures, from the “giants of the road” of the early twentieth century up to Hinault, Indurain, Anquetil, and even Pogačar and Vingegaard, the current great interpreters of cycling’s most important challenge.

The exhibition will open in mid-April and will be visitable until the beginning of September